- Reporting an absence
Reporting an absence
If you need to report your child’s absence, please do so before 9:30am using one of the following options:
- contact the School Office using the email: email@example.com or by calling 0118 357 3149
- use Parentmail PMX & click on 'notify absence'
Absence due to sickness
If your child is unwell, please let us know the nature of the illness and the expected duration of absence from school.
Please note if a child has sickness or diarrhoea they should be kept off school. They must only return once 48 hours since the last episode has passed and as such a minimum of 2 days off school will be required for such conditions (in accordance with guidance set by the department of health).
When deciding whether or not your child is too ill to attend school. It may help to ask yourself:
- Is your child well enough to carry out the activities of the school day? If not, keep your child at home and consult your GP as appropriate.
- Does your child have a condition that could be passed on to other children or school staff? If so, keep your child at home.
- Would you take a day off work if you had this condition? If so, keep your child at home.
- Lateness to School
Lateness to School
The School day starts at 8.55am. When your child arrives late at school, they miss out on important information.
The teacher then has to take time from the rest of the class to settle them in.
Your child may also feel embarrassed at entering the classroom late and will miss important social interaction with friends before school.
Minutes late every day during the school year is the equivalent of missing:
5 Minutes = 3.4 Days a year 10 Minutes = 6.9 Days a year 15 Minutes = 10.3 Days a year 20 Minutes = 13.8 Days a year 30 Minutes = 20.7 Days a year
Frequent lateness can add up to a considerable amount of learning lost, and can disadvantage your child.
Teaching punctuality will help their independence and the importance of being on time for work in later life.
School begins at 8.55am.
Please help your child to be punctual.