- E-safety: How we can keep children safe online
E-safety: How we can keep children safe online
Top Tips to stop cyber-bullying:
- Tell children not to reply (or simply reply STOP! once then no more); bullies are looking for a reaction.
- Keep the evidence; it may be needed to report further.
- Block the bullies; ensure children know how to do this on the apps they use.
- Don't take away devices, as this may make children less likely to tell you in future.
The following websites also provide useful information about e-safety:
Online Safety NSPCC - regularly updated information on talking to your child about e-safety
http://www.kiddle.co - this search engine filters results based on children's interests and understanding. It won't allow inappropriate phrases to be searched for.
Have you seen this button before? It enables children and young people to report suspicious individuals or behaviour directly to law enforcement quickly and easily.
Other useful websites: